Thursday, January 17, 2013

Outstanding Cover Letter


Since unemployment is one of the biggest world problems, you can imagine how difficult it is to get a (good) job.

Whenever we feel a need of being employed, we start applying for different vacant positions in a desired industry, but there are thousands of more people also trying to get those jobs. So, in order to grab an employer’s attention at the very beginning, we have to make our cover letters and applications outstanding in any way that is possible.

Surfing the internet, I found two really creative cases of asking for a job/internship and I’d love to share them with you.

Yesterday, Business Insider received a cover letter by an undergraduate finance student who wanted to be accepted as an intern on Wall Street. The letter was short, simple, very honest and people on Wall Street called it one of the best cover letters they had ever seen. As a result, now there is a huge competition on the street to hire the student. 

"The truth is I have no unbelievably special skills or genius eccentricities, but I do have a near perfect GPA and will work hard for you." - this is my favorite sentence from the letter. You can enjoy the rest of it here.


The other case I've mentioned above is 24 years old Adam Facitti who failed many times while looking for a job and finally decided to launch a website employadam.com .
"I hope that by displaying my work for all to see, somebody who is in a position to give me a job might just see a little bit of potential in me. It's worth a shot, eh?" Adam says.

Browsing the web, you really want to employ Adam because he's funny, he's creative and he's inspiring!

Any other creative ways you've heard about? You are more than welcome to share! : )


Lali





No comments:

Post a Comment