Thursday, December 22, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Christmas trees, decorated streets and different markets.. Everything shows that it's Christmas time in Lithuania. Christmas seems to be one of the most important events in peoples life here. It's very nice to see how everyone is involved in preparation for Christmas Eve. 

Rabea went to Austria to meet Christmas with her family. I decided to go to Vilnius and spend time with other EVS volunteers there. 
For me, as officially I'm Orthodox Christian it's very unusual to celebrate Christmas on 25th of December because  we celebrate it on 7th of January. Actually it's first time when I meet Christmas according  to Catholic traditions. It's very interesting and unique experience for me :) So I will share with you after Christmas how was it. :)

Wish you Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.  

Manana

No comments:

Post a Comment