Monday, September 5, 2011

All about Me :)

As I am one of the 2 EVS-volunteers at Radijo Klubas I‘ve been asked to introduce me and my homecountry Austria and so I‘ll try to briefly introduce myself. :)





Well, my name is Rabea and I'm a 18-year old girl from Austria.
I tried to come to Lithuania without any expactations and now as I‘ve finally arrived in Siauliai everything is new for me. Although I know, that I‘ll live here for 9 month now, it still feels like I‘m just on vacation and will go home pretty soon. Without doubt these feelings will change quite fast if I get used to my current life in Siauliai and my tasks as a volunteer and maybe I‘ll start to realise after all that I chose to really live in a foreign country and going on a vacation is something totally different.

The main reasons for me why I wanted to take part in the Youth in Action programe and become a volunteer was becoming independant, meet new people, get to know a different culture and moreover find out what I really want to do with my life. Due to the fact that I‘ve just graduated and taken my A-levels, however, don‘t know yet what I want to study at the University next year, I needed a break to have the time to decide how I want to go on.

I'm really curious about how my EVS in Lithuania will turn out, but hopefully it will continue like it has started, because then I'll meet many friendly people who are eager to show me their home country (by the way, thank's a lot to all the students who've already helped us volunteers to feel like we really are at home in Lithuania now) and I'll have the opportunity to explore Lithuania and the neighboring countries and maybe even learn to understand and speak Lithuanian. :)

If you want to ask me something about me or my life in Austria or about anything else, you can find me either find me on facebook or just visit me in the Radijo Klubas. :)

Rabea Schwarzmann

No comments:

Post a Comment