Thursday, September 30, 2010

Magical place - Hill of crosses

 
Before I arrived in Siauliai in Lithuania, I was searching, what kind of places I could visit here,  what can be interesting for me. One of these places is the Hill of Crosses 12 km north of the city of Šiauliai. We visited this interesting place yesterday. It was sunny weather, but i still need to get used to the cold wind :) Hill of Crosses is unbelievable experience for me. It was nice to see thousands of crosses in the one place. These crosses bring by people from vicinity, but also by foreign tourists (like myself) :). Crosses are usually made of wood or metal. I was surprised when I found the crucifix from Slovakia (my homeland) :). This place is magical and I hope there is still more and more crosses. 
Lenka

No comments:

Post a Comment