Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Now Siauliai has a part from me and I have a part from it

Sometimes you feel need to write. At that moments I usually write for myself in my small notebook . But today I will share with you.I'm here for 2 months and couple days. I'm far from my home, family, beloved city and of course the greatest part-my friends. I'm not going to write how hard it is. I just wanna share, how you feel , when you are away. Sometimes it seems, that leaving your living place is kind of salvation. but it's not, the only person or the only thing, from which we are trying to escape, it is us and our thoughts. During this two months I understood many things, that I probably never would understand, if I would not be here. I understood, how much things I could done for my country and my family, my friends and even for myself, that I didn't do. How much love and warm I could give to my close friends, that I didn't ...

.When you are far from your home, you are looking on it from distance, and many things are really appears to be very different. When you see other culture, other family, other friendship and relationship, you remembers yours, and begin to think about details, such details, that before you never know about them. It helps you to value what you have left there, in your small country, small but full of life, full of warm and dear things to you.  The most interesting thing is when in the new place you are trying to get yourself comfortable, and you are trying to find some places, some people and some activities, that you are comfortable with. When I was in Vilnius for 4 days, after I get of from bus in Siauliai and begin walk to my home, I felt, that I love it, and I feel that now Siauliai has a part from me and I have a part from it. Maybe because I have already found my favorite places here.  For example the  park near the school, and not working whirligig in the middle of it. I like the big lake and watching at kids and making photos of them, I like also the small streets near my house.
I like Grandpa :) The owner of our renting flat, when every time he saw me he begin to tell me his life story, how he was living in Siberia, and then how he escaped and came to Siauliai, and change his name...:) I like to greet the cleaner- woman in our building, She knows that I don't speak Lithuanian, and when I'm telling her "Labas rytas", she is saying "Good Morning" :)  This are small details of my day, that makes me a little bit happy, or just making me smile for a moment. and that's how you are getting used to some new place. I like to come to school every morning, just to observe the students, it's interesting, how they think, in what they are interested in.
So even if I feel homesick  and  miss everything so badly, I'm thinking of little things, that i have in this small city, and that makes me smile.  And If I leave it, how it will be without the part of me? :)

Lilit Nurijanyan

No comments:

Post a Comment